Lechwe Trust Gallery
After many years in development, and with unwavering support from Aylmer May Cemetery Restoration Trust, the Lechwe Trust Art Gallery is finally a reality. We moved in – albeit temporarily – in April 2018 and are now preparing for an official opening later in 2018. Until then an interim exhibition is on display, Tuesday – Saturday, 1000 – 1800hrs.
With a gallery of its own Lechwe Trust is now able to:
- house and display the Lechwe Trust heritage art collection for continuous public view;
- create a community outreach space for art education and cultural exchange programmes;
- preserve contemporary artistic heritage and contribute to sustainable tourism;
- assist visual artists access more professionally-managed space for display of their art;
- offer school children and groups guided tours and video projections of Zambian art;
- provide Zambia with a public visual art gallery of historic importance.